2015-10-14 Vatican Radio
(Vatican Radio) Israel’s prime minister on Tuesday said he would take a series of “aggressive steps” to halt a wave of violence in Israeli cities after two attacks in Jerusalem left three Israelis dead. Three Palestinians, including two attackers, were also killed.
In a speech at the Knesset, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said “Israel would settle its account with murderers and those who want to kill, and anyone who helps them. Not only won’t they have any rights, but we will extract the full price from them.” He continued, “Today we will decide on a series of additional aggressive steps in our war against terrorists and inciters. We will use, and not hesitate to use, all means at our disposal to restore calm.” Netanyahu left a meeting of top security officials to deliver the speech, and quickly returned. The deliberations continued into the early hours of Wednesday morning when Netanyahu’s office announced that several new measures were approved.
The attacks in Jerusalem, including a deadly shooting and knifing spree on a bus and a violent hacking attack caught on video, escalated the month long unrest and raised the pressure on Netanyahu to take action. The government has been unable to stop the violence, carried out mostly by young Palestinians unaffiliated with known militant groups and apparently acting on their own.
Meanwhile, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Tuesday he was working on calming violence between Palestinians and Israelis, and will travel to the region soon to try to move the situation “away from this precipice.” Kerry said the United States’ goal for the region, the two-state solution “could conceivably be stolen from everybody” if violence in the region were to spiral out of control.
The violence erupted last month over the Jewish New Year, fuelled by rumours that Israel was plotting to take over Jerusalem’s most sensitive holy site. While Israel says the rumours are unfounded, clashes have quickly spread across Israel and into the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
Source:(from Vatican Radio)
I am quite surprised that the Vatican are reporting on this one sided issue without any balanced comment from the Palestinian authorities. Similar to promoting the UN agenda, are we seeing the Vatican taking sides and promoting the Israeli agenda. So the human rights abuses over the decades and currently against the Palestinian people is to be ignored and unreported by the Vatican or the UN.
On the last paragraph of this report – let’s not be ambiguous – This violence was started in the middle of August 2015 when the Israeli forces prevented Palestinians from accessing the Al-Aqsa Mosque. So not only is the Vatican Radio reporting inaccurate, it is also biased and incorrect. See here ,where the UN Security Council specifically underscores on 2015-9-17 that,
Muslim worshippers at the Haram al-Sharif must be allowed to worship in peace, free from violence, threats and provocations.
Since then the Israeli forces and government have done nothing to alleviate the situation. The Israelis ignore the UN Security Council.
As far as the Two State solution for Israel is concerned – this will never come to fruition. This is just a carrot on a stick. Clearly John Kerry is complicit in his statement of “scaremongering“, just like “climate change – lies.” There has never been an intent to reach any agreement with the Palestinian people by any of the money men who arrange the delivery of Palestine to the Israelis. The United Nations, the U.S., the Vatican are all complicit in this farce that is being played out in Israel. Normal people call it genocide.
Isn’t it interesting that it is the same three entities here who also happen to be the main proponents of the Climate Change farce.
I pray for Peace in Israel and for an end to the violence and suffering. I pray for Peace in Palestine and for an end to the violence and suffering.